A legendary Fremennik hero-turned-god comes home in style in Hero’s Welcome: RuneScape’s latest quest! Head over to Lumbridge Crater, too, and join in the Summer Beach Party. Buy rs gold will help you better meet the summer beach party.
In Hero’s Welcome, you’ll meet the mighty V – well known to those of you who’ve finished While Guthix Sleeps – as he returns to his people.
You’ll embark on a series of dangerous raids on Dragonkin lairs, and uncover some of their darkest secrets. Be ready for combat, as there’ll be plenty of fierce foes to fight, but you’ll need brains as well as brawn to succeed.
Prevail and you’ll earn hearty helpings of XP, better yields when runecrafting, and access to new areas containing bane ore and adamant dragons. There’s also a repeatable boss fight, which can drop new throwing weapons and a tradeable level 75 cape.
Summer Beach Party
The Summer Beach Party is in full swing, making Lumbridge Crater the place to be until the end of August!
Head to the beach party and take a look around. It’s the ideal place to relax with your friends, take part in your favourite D&Ds via the portal hub, and enjoy some sun-soaked activities – plus pick up some unique rewards.
- Fight Clawdia: At 45 past every hour, killer crustacean Clawdia will spawn at the crater in the middle of the beach party. Her damage scales to your life points, so everyone can dive in and help drive her back.
- Build sandcastles: Follow the clues given to you by the nearby visitors and build the right castles for Construction XP.
- Fish at the rock pools: Cast a line, kick back and get some Fishing XP while you’re at it. Drop off the fish at the barbecues for extra XP.
- Bust out the barbecue: Hit the barbecue stands and earn Cooking XP.
- Pick coconuts: Gather coconuts from the palm trees for Farming XP, then deposit them at the coconut shy for extra XP.
- Try the coconut shy: Test your skill at the coconut shy and earn Ranged XP.
More activities are coming over the next few weeks. Keep an eye on the news!
Every 15 minutes one of the XP-giving activities will be spotlighted, and it will yield +10% XP. Note that Ironman players earn 50% less XP for participating in beach activities.
You can keep earning XP until your temperature gauge fills up completely, although this can be reset up to three times a day by consuming ice creams.
First up, there are a number of handy items that you can earn by fighting Clawdia and participating in other beach activities:
- Ice cream: This tradeable item resets a full temperature gauge to 0. You can use up to three per day.
- Anti-sun potion: Also tradeable, this item gives a +5% boost to any XP earned on the beach – that includes beach activities and any other training done there. The effect lasts for 24 hours (real time, not time spent logged in).
- Cocktails: These come in four fruity flavours, each boosting XP gain in a different group of skills – combat, artisan, gathering and support. By drinking more of the same type, you can stack the XP boost up to 10%. The effect lasts for 30 minutes of logged-in time.
You can get these items from fighting Clawdia, from participating in the various beach activities, and by handing in a beach party ticket from the recent Summer Raffle.
There’s also a rare chance to get a tradeable token that can be redeemed for one of several new beach items. These include cosmetic weapons and headgear, emotes and more:
- Bunting whip
- Stick of rock
- Throwing starfish
- Bucket head
- Clawdia hat
- Dragon ring
- Buried in Sand resting animation
- Surfboard emote
- Beach ball
- Throwing disc
There’ll be new additions to the available items over the coming weeks – we’ll let you know in the news. Note that the tokens will automatically become untradeable at the end of this year.
These items can also be purchased from the vendors around the beach for RuneCoins, as can challenge gems, dwarven challenge barrels, party packs and masterwork music boxes.
Finally, there’s a bunch of secret rewards available for fulfilling certain conditions on the beach. Have fun discovering them!