In Path of Exile, unique items have the same implicit modifier as a normal item of the same type. Unique items are meant to be less powerful overall than high-level rare items, but offer unique gameplay and allow special character builds to be based around them. Currently there are 809 released unique items, including maps and items with modifier variants.
Recently, there are some changes for unique items:
1. Bisco’s Collar now grants 35 to 50% increased Quantity of Items found from Slain Normal Enemies, down from 50 to 100%. Existing versions will become legacy. Using a Divine Orb will set existing versions to the new values. We’ll add this to the patch notes now.
2. The Strange Barrel unique strongbox encounter has been reworked. It still doesn’t contain swarms of things, but if it did, those swarms would spawn more quickly.
3. Shroud of the Lightless can no longer drop with 2 Abyssal sockets.
4. Projectiles from the Lightpoacher helmet’s triggered skill Spirit Burst no longer always pierce. They travel 50% slower, which also affects the distance they travel. Their damage has been reduced by 25%. This affects all versions of Lightpoacher.
5. Zerphi’s Last Breath now recovers life over 4 seconds instead of instantly. It now heals you for 450-600% of the mana cost, down from 800%. Divining existing versions of Zerphi’s Last Breath will set it to these values.
6. Doryani’s Fist now clarifies that the added lightning damage specifically applies to Unarmed attacks (any attack with a hand that is not holding an item.) This means it will not apply to Spectral Shield Throw, as that skill uses a hand that has to be holding a shield.
7. Oni-Goroshi’s drop chance has been adjusted. And by ‘adjusted’, we mean lowered. A lot.
8. Sunblast no longer causes traps to trigger when they expire, as that is now a base property of (almost) all traps.
Finally, good luck to you, we will update the news about Path of Exile in real time.